Wednesday 4 February 2009

An emotional musing

Reading a newspaper after a long time is probably one of the worst faults of a mass communication student. Here I am supposed to be reading news everyday but I touched a newspaper after quite sometime. Not going into the reasons for it, I would rather talk about how it felt to read todays’ headlines.

“Times of India” read, “Finally, Sun Shines on Sania”. Though I had some knowledge about hers and Mahesh Bhupati’s win, it was quite something to read about on the papers. Further more, being the first Indian women to do so is quite a great achievement. But I wonder, if she will again not be taken over by endorsements and advertisements. Hope she doesn’t, we need more wins by Sania and the like to encourage other sports than cricket in India.

Anyways moving ahead, I leafed through the pages to the sports section. Here Roger Federer was shown in tears after loosing the Australian Open to Rafael Nadal. I can very well say, it was not a photo I’d like to see everyday. I mean a sportsman of his caliber in tears that too in public just doesn’t match. But again it shows some true emotions that cannot be controlled. Somehow the photograph invoked a lot of emotions in me. I would love to salute the person who tries so hard to achieve his goals.

I has always thought that reading a newspaper would only give me information but today it invoked certain feelings in me. I can say I missed reading the newspapers and would surely not stop it anymore.

0 comments: